Hobby Update: The Empire

 Time for another hobby update! This update will focus on my first regiment of  great swords, the emperor's own bodyguard, the Reiksguard.


Normally, the Reiksguard are seen toting lances and riding barded steeds on the battlefield, but since my army hails from Reikland, it felt only natural to have them also manifest as the 
Zweihänder wielding infantry, as they did in the Storm of Chaos supplement.


The first regiment of Reiksguard, ready for battle.




This banner was converted using a state troops plastic banner. I replaced the bendy white metal banner pole with a brass rod, as well.


The noble champion leads his men into the fray.

The unit's die-hard musician beats out a steady rhythm throughout even the most desperate of fights.





My second regiment of Reiksguard line up into marching order.



My second Reiksguard champion was converted using a head swap from the 6th edition plastic Empire state troops box set. 


 
The second unit's standard bearer carries the proud banner of the Reiksguard. This miniature was converted using a 3D printed head by Reptilian Overlords, who I love dearly.


Both full units await orders, ready to give their lives in service of the emperor.

This painting journey has been extremely time-consuming, but I think the results speak for themselves. Likewise, I'll never need to paint another greatsword as long as I live! Realistically, it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever bring all forty to battle at once, but now I have the option of running one large regiment (up to thirty) or two smaller regiments (possibly twelve to eighteen).

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. If you'd like updates on my hobby escapades more regularly, please feel free to follow my instagram or twitter accounts as listed below.

https://www.instagram.com/nickshobbybloggy (@nickshobbybloggy)


-Nick

Comments

  1. They look quite fine indeed. I definitely appreciate the 'paint everything I could ever possibly need' approach! I sorta miss the original reiksgard figs in plate with shields and swords. The greatswords are pretty cool too though. I only have about a dozen myself so am slowly looking for figs that fit the aesthetic to bring the unit up to strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also wish the old foot ones with hand weapon and shield were available, but alas.

      I am a bit of a psycho (if you couldn't tell) and definitely choose to paint "everything I could ever need" rather than add units over time. Funny enough, I actually might need to add MORE handgunners, since currently I have enough for three units of ten, but no additional handgunners for detachments! Fortunately, I have some spare ones that I painted aeons ago that could be dipped, should the need arise.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby Update: Sea Inlets and Chasms

SAGA Age of Magic: The Great Kingdoms vs The Horde

Warhammer Fantasy Battles 6th Edition: Empire vs Brettonia 2