Hobby Update: Lords of the Wild

Hey folks, welcome back!

Today, I finished another three points of elves for my SAGA Age of Magic's Lords of the Wild warband. These guys were the last big "push" on my warband (fatal last words, I know), as they were twelve mounted minis (so twenty four in reality, counting horses).

 A potential, albeit not optimized, eight point warband.

In theory, these mounted hearthguard will form the backbone of my warband, the real "Death Star" of my force. I happened to paint twelve, since that's what came in the pack from Ral Partha, but I imagine eight will be the number normally seen on the tabletop. I'm hoping to run these in tandem with my mounted warlord, providing a flurry of arrows from their composite bows. I've used this strategy with my Undead chariots (see this blog for more info) and found it to be highly effective. To be realistic, I actually am sure these mounted hearthguard cannot be as effective as the Undead chariots, but c'est la vie.


Here are a collection of shots from each point of mounted hearthguard.


My first point of hearthguard, ostensibly with "leader" and "musician."

A second point of mounted hearthguard.

A third point of mounted hearthguard.

Currently, I'm working on twelve javelin levy miniatures. These will add another point to my force, though I'm not sure how to use them quite yet. Once they are complete, I'll most likely start my dragon (Scourge) followed by six centaurs (quadrupedal creatures). I may creature a warlord mounted on flying beast as well, but only time will tell!

Thanks for stopping by,
Nick

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby Update: Sea Inlets and Chasms

SAGA Age of Magic: The Great Kingdoms vs The Horde

Warhammer Fantasy Battles 6th Edition: Empire vs Brettonia 2