Hobby Update: Lords of the Wild

Welcome back, happy holidays!

Here's an update with a focus on heroes. Recently, I completed some new heroes for one of my SAGA Age of Magic warbands, the Lords of the Wild. To help make my warband less creature focused, I've added a traditional mounted warlord, a mounted sorcerer, and ranger (lieutenant) minis.


Here's also a group shot with some of the other miniatures from the warband. Over time, as mentioned before, I hope to make this warband more mobile, mounted, and range combat-driven.


Here are a selection of close-ups for each hero.

WARLORD




My warlord will primarily act as an enabler for large units of mounted hearthguards with compound bows. Using We Obey, I hope to give my hearthguard an additional opportunity to fire their bows without using SAGA dice.

SORCERER




My sorcerer will continue the trend of my high-mobility strike force. However, she will primarily be used to generate clumps of trees for my wood elves to Ambush! from and to act as a beat stick using Transformation.

RANGER



My ranger (the Lords of the Wild's unique lieutenant) is effectively an ATV for nearby minis, allowing them to avoid the penalty normally associated with moving through uneven ground. I honestly am not sure exactly how often he'll be fielded, but it's a cool option to have available!

Hopefully you've enjoyed this update, more to come soon!

-Nick 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby Update: Sea Inlets and Chasms

SAGA Age of Magic: The Great Kingdoms vs The Horde

Warhammer Fantasy Battles 6th Edition: Empire vs Brettonia 2